Ruffin McNeill is gaining a name for himself as the new head football coach for the East Carolina University (ECU) Pirates football program. The ECU campus is located in Greenville, North Carolina and Coach McNeill is excited to bring winning football back to the area that very much enjoys it.
Born on October 9, 1958 McNeill spent roughly 25 years as an assistant in the world of college football before landing his first permanent head coaching job at his alma mater where he played defensive back and graduated in 1980. After serving as the team captain for two seasons as an undergraduate student athlete at East Carolina Ruffin decided to pursue a career in coaching football and picked up a master’s degree from Clemson University along the way.
In the 1980s Coach McNeill held down assistant coaching positions at:
• Clemson University in South Carolina (1985-1986)
• Austin Peay in Clarksville, Tennessee (1987)
• North Alabama in Florence, Alabama(1988)
• Appalachian State in Boone, North Carolina (1989-1991)
In the 1990s Ruffin McNeill continued to move around quite a bit as he took every opportunity available to him in order to educate himself about his craft สมัครเข้าเว็บหลัก ufabet and to make himself more hirable for more desirable opportunities.
During the 1990s Ruffin coached at:
• Appalachian State in Boone, North Carolina (1989-1991 & 1993-1996)
• East Carolina in Greenville, North Carolina (1992)
• UNLV in Las Vegas, Nevada (1998)
• Fresno State in Fresno, California (1999)
Finally, in the year 2000 Ruffin found a school in Texas Tech University where he could establish some roots. In breaking with his past track record of changing jobs every couple of years Ruffin surprisingly stayed with the Texas Tech Red Raiders in Lubbock, Texas for a full decade. Initially brought on board as a linebackers coach McNeill was eventually promoted to interim defensive coordinator in 2